Tuesday, June 7, 2022

Taco Bowls

 I followed this recipe for black beans.  Came out great!

This recipe for Mexican rice.  (Definitely include the cilantro while cooking)

For toppings I did my usual grilling of thinly sliced sweet potato slices and thickly sliced zucchini brushed with olive oil and sprinkled with salt and pepper.  Portobello mushrooms brushed liberally with a mixture of equal parts olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and soy sauce.

I like to serve that with toasted pepitas, fresh salsa and fresh avocado.

-----------------------

Separately, this time I made the following (which doesn't go with the above, but as a totally different option).

I boiled some large potato cubes and carrot hunks in lightly salted water and separately made a tangy tomato glaze:

Lightly fry about 1/4 Cup diced red onion or shallot in 2 Tbsp olive oil.

Add 8 oz tomato sauce (or equivalent tomato paste + water).  + large pinch red pepper flake and 1/8 - 1/4 tsp smoked paprika.  Add 1 Tbsp honey and let everything simmer for a bit until it's a little thicker than you'd want.  Add 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar and cook 1 min longer.

Delicious!


No comments:

Post a Comment