Sunday, August 12, 2018

Lemon linguini with chicken

Today was a bit of an improv, but a good one!

We got one of Trader Joe's marinated whole chickens:
Image result for trader joe's spatchcock chicken

Which we cooked according to instructions (an hour in the oven) and then removed the meat from.

I got 16 oz linguini from TJ's and cooked it.

I made a simple white sauce:  melted ~ 3 Tbsp butter, sauteed 1 Tbsp minced garlic on med-low for 30 seconds, added ~1.5 Tbsp flour and cooked until it started to change color very very slightly, then added ~1 C whole milk.  Salt + pepper to taste, and a simmered it on low until it cooked down a bit.

Meanwhile I chopped some of the lemon chicken into cubes.  I zested 1 full lemon into the white sauce, drained the linguini ~30 seconds early and combined it with some of the cooking liquid and the white sauce and chicken and let it hang out for 1 minute covered.

I forgot to add parmesean to the white sauce (which was part of the plan), but the results were delicious anyway!  Definitely something I'd make again.  Only next time maybe with some vegetable on the side or mixed in....  I always like some fresh chopped tomato added at the very end...

No comments:

Post a Comment