Saturday, June 6, 2020

Chocolate Pudding

chocolate pudding

I made this from my aged and falling-apart Betty Crocker cookbook. I've made the Vanilla about a thousand times--I haven't made the chocolate in awhile. The only thing I did differently and don't recommend is used potato starch instead of cornstarch as thickener. It made a slight difference in the flavor and texture that I'd prefer not to have next time.  Also, I used 2% milk because we plan to have it with a good dollop of freshly whipped cream. When I plan on using aerosal cream or only a tiny bit (for some unimaginable reason....) I would use whole milk.



Ingredients:

1/2 C sugar
2 tbsps cornstarch
1/3 cup unsweetened Hersheys chocolate powder
1/8 tsp salt
2 C milk
2 egg yolks
2 tbsps butter, room temp
2 tsps vanilla



Blend sugar, cornstarch, salt and chocolate. Combine milk and egg yolks in a saucepan.  Blend in dry ingredients. 
Cook over mediium heat, stirring constantly, until pudding boils. Boil for one minute and take from heat. Stir in butter and vanilla.  Pour into dessert dishes and chill.


No comments:

Post a Comment