Saturday, June 8, 2019

Mediterranean Stuffed Zucchini

|Middle Eastern Stuffed Zucchini

Recipe from:
themediterraneandish.com

I had eight zucchini to use up--six of them fat enough to stuff. I liked about this recipe that it didn't require an oven---it cooks on stovetop. I substituted one stuffed tomato for the three in the recipe and spooned the rest around the sides.The first night, it lacked flavor and soupy. It really didn't form meatballs at all. around the sides of the zukes, and the meat inside, while firmer, was still too bland. I did not use fresh dill, which could  have contributed lack of flavor but I used an equal amount of fresh thyme. The meat was half turkey, half beef.  On the second night,last night, I added more meat to the sauce, and a lot more of the flavorings, plus chopped kalamata olives. I cut open the zukes, spooned over the sauce, and melted cheese (Italizn mixture)  on top in the microwave right before serving. I served it with garlic naan, TJ's, and it was much better.

I wonder if I mis-measured the rice.  I found some extra in the washing bowl. That would surely account for the soupiness. 

I'm not sure whether I'll make this again or not. If I do it again, I think I will try a half-recipe in a smaller pot. First, I want to check some other stuffed Z recipes for spices. Maybe Turkish.

No comments:

Post a Comment