Wednesday, June 5, 2019

Banana Blueberry Nut Bread

Banana-Blueberry--Nut Bread


The goal here was a tasty, healthy recipe for breakfast. This was less than successful, in part because it was not cooked through even though a toothpick appeared to come out clean and it appeared done to the touch.  The part I sampled didn't taste as wonderful as my good 'ole Sunset Magazine banana bread recipe that just about everyone enjoys. I attribute that to the healthy addition of light whole wheat flour for  half the flour. I used this recipe because I had a big container of yogurt, not Greek, which is what most baking recipes specify. Might well explain lack of done-ness!

I also added about a cup of large, sweet blueberries and half a cup of toasted, chopped walnuts, not called for in this recipe but I've done it often in the other one .

https://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/classic-banana-bread

I don't recommend it and won't make it again. I might make a half-recipe of banana-blueberry-nut muffins with yogurt just to see if is done and tastes better. If it isn't better than Dave's |killer bread with peanut butter and low sugar fruit spread or a drizzle of honey, there is no reason to make it!

No comments:

Post a Comment