Monday, February 1, 2021

Barfley edible pizza

 

C

MY NOT-VERY-SUCCESSFUL PIZZA
I had in mind a pizza that would look a bit like this--melted mozzarella, delicious pizza sauce, sauteed spinach, plus some mushrooms, artichoke hearts and sliced tomatoes added after it came out of the oven.  I had a bag of light whole wheat pizza dough (first try with this), turned out the mushrooms we bought yesterday had already started looking and smelling gross, but that's okay, I plunged ahead. 


What I got was a pizza with an uneven crust, an extra-thick crust and over-brown cheese. I messed up in a couple of ways. I didn't read ALL the directions all over the package of dough.. Just the part for pizza. I didn't take it out of the refrigerator soon enough and it was just about impossible to stretch over the pan.  The other mistake was not checking sooner.  My concern with the thick dough is that it wouldn't cook thoroughly in the recipe's time. It did, but it was too late to save the cheese. It was barely edible.  It also doesn't help that Mark doesn't like the whole grain flavor, even light (the label says white).  I have to laugh that I accidentally put "barfley" (emphasis on the barf) instead of "barely" edible.

No comments:

Post a Comment