Sunday, April 24, 2022

Sambar Rice

This turned out very well!  Somewhat involved, but lots of chances for parallel work.  Maybe 45-min total if you do some things in parallel.

I followed https://www.vegrecipesofindia.com/sambar-rice-recipe-sambar-sadam/

I used ~2.5 cups veggies, and that could even have been more.

I omitted the dried chilies at the end, which was probably a good idea.

In the tadka I also added ~3-4 Tbsp shredded coconut and fried to golden before pouring over the rice mixture.

The final note was that I like my veggies a little crisper, so instead of 16-18 min, I did it for 10-12 min, then an additional 6-8 after the tamarind, and that was about right for the medium sized chunks I cut the veggies into.

Veggies were red and green bell pepper, carrot, and green bean.



No comments:

Post a Comment