Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Kung Pao Chicken

Original recipe:  http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2014/07/takeout-style-kung-pao-chicken-diced-chicken-peppers-peanuts-recipe.html

I rate this 3/5 or maybe even 2/5, but I think with some effort it could be a 4.

I was out of dark soy sauce, which would have helped.  I also used chicken breasts rather than thighs (all I had), and should have known better than to cook a recipe with NO chilies at all.

I liked the general method.  It ended up with nicely browned chicken and a solid glaze of sauce at the end.

Maria prefers a little more sauce so next time I'll probably double the volume of liquid.

Chicken marinating:


Cooking the chicken


All done!


Bell peppers (with sugar snap peas and mushrooms soon to join)


All done!


Too bad the flavor didn't match the nice look!


No comments:

Post a Comment